The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rift
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that all the talk about moving to a PvE server when it goes live may have confused or made some people want to roll on a PvE server to get the feeling of it.

For right now it doesn't really matter, not until the 24th and the head start begins. Everyone should check here for updates as to the server were we'll make the BEB.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when my WoW guildies got into beta they started on Deepwood and I rerolled to run with them.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it does not matter, as long as we all wind up in the same place lol
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
Tzalik and I have some moderate level (30-ish) characters, as well as upper teen ones, on Sunrest (RP-PVP).

Didn't know that anyone was on Deepwood until today.

I didn't know either. I have serious reservations about a PvP server, though. I will try it, but if it turns into a gank-fest, I'll probably switch off to another server...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the server selection was back when it was only him and me there. He still pulling for a PvP server, but willing to go PvE... I think.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having problems getting in? All of a sudden it's not connecting said that ports 6000-6020 are blocked, and they are not. I was playing, got disconnected and on reconnect it said the ports were blocked. <sigh>
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hella tough time getting in tonight.

I finally did, Mongo. Took a bit to get there though. Not sure what the issue was. I had the same thing, but I persisted and made it.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even try to log in last night I made a character on deepwood a little while ago named Simkokon however. I think the collectors edition tortoise mount looking thing is not all that impressive to me. I would have much prefered some souped up version of the defiant warhorses.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that do you do for two headed tortoises ?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride'em for free until you get enough money to get the mount you really want. Cool

I'm frustrated with my lack of decision on the calling I want to go with.

For starters, I definately am doing to do a tanking role and with that, I am looking primarily at a Justicar/Purifier/Shaman (cleric) and a Paladin/Reaver/Void Knight (warrior).

I'm running into a dillemna concerning versatility... do I want to worry about being a healer at any point?

Curse this game for it's role shattering Soul feature!

Quote:

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am really digging the paragon soul and thats all know at the moment. I have liked all the souls I have tried out so far but I haven't really gone deep into any of them yet so time will tell.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone not already completing the preorder...

20% off President's day sale for direct2drive code to be entered at checkout is:

hailtothechief

I have made my preorder, and I have no problem playing on a PVE server.. So as soon as they post the list of servers we can pick one that we'll all play on.

Its your job to tell you damn friends what server to play on.. don't be a jerk and split your time and attention between servers because you weren't willing to tell them the name and browbeat them into rolling there : )

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Tzalik wrote:
Its your job to tell you damn friends what server to play on.. don't be a jerk and split your time and attention between servers because you weren't willing to tell them the name and browbeat them into rolling there : )

That's weird... You seemed to channel my wife for a second there....
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not have a choice. 5 people from work are already in a guild and don't know what server they will be on. I won't play much on their server if it's different, though. I'll probably do something easy like a dedicated healer on theirs to do guild stuff once in a while.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I mentioned just picking the first PvE server that starts with the letter S. That way it won't matter what the names are and we can tell EVERYONE we know who is playing and, thusly, all end up on the same server even though we don't know what server names will be yet.

Quote:

Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what the server name is.. get us the name ASAP when the final list comes out.

Is there any way for you to influence the guilds choice on servers Mongo?

Is there anyone besides Mongo that have friends locked into a server by an outside guild/group?

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no. The guild my coworkers are in are a large one. I don't remember the name. It's no biggie though. I normally have plenty of play time.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the guild name? Maybe we can apply in advance for it and that way get into it ASAP to start building it up. I'm assuming that when you say "big guild" it's more than just a friends at work thing?

That is also if they are taking new applicants.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sentinels

www.the-sentinels.net

They are accepting new people. There's supposed to be 100+ at launch and 70+ at Head Start launch.

When applying and it asks who recommended us to the guild, put in Dracuil. This is the name of my coworker (Micah is his name).
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: