The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Souls
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Dark Souls Reply with quote

Demon's Souls sequel has been announced with a release by the end of the year. I'm pumped.

I don't think many of you have played the original, and I'll say again you should consider changing that. You can pick the game up for cheap now. It is easily one of the best games this generation has to offer.

Just stick with it long enough to beat the first stage before you claim it is "too difficult to be fun". I thought that at first, but it keeps getting easier. About one-third into the game you'll wonder why you thought the game was so difficult before.

Last edited by Vawn on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how ya'll aren't responding like this isn't the best news in years. Come on people.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played it.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not "meh". Not meh at all.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the first one awhile back but it's currently sitting in the back log pile. How does the multiplayer/online work? Is it something I should get to before they shut the servers down?
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the first well enough. Very difficult at first, but eventually it goes the other direction and becomes terribly easy if you put enough time into your character.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I picked up the first one awhile back but it's currently sitting in the back log pile. How does the multiplayer/online work? Is it something I should get to before they shut the servers down?

There are traps and ambushes in the game. You can place messages in your game and other players can read them in their play through. there are also blood stains where other players have died. You can click them and a ghost shows how they died.

You will likely play most of the game dead, a soul. To get your body back you have to defeat a boss, or invade another players game and kill them. So while your alive, you have the chance of players coming into your game to hunt you.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is co-op too, but not traditional style. If you are alive you can have other players join you to defeat bosses. The game is mostly an offline experience, with online aspects done differently than most games.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it, but got stuck about halfway through and never picked it back up.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you should avoid doing is attempting to play the levels in order. The best thing to do is to jump around, play one level and see what's there and if you get slaughtered jump to another. You'll find new gear or equipment that will make going back to another level easier. Most people refer to the worlds in numerical order, but it is best played like you would play a Mega Man game.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
One thing you should avoid doing is attempting to play the levels in order. The best thing to do is to jump around, play one level and see what's there and if you get slaughtered jump to another. You'll find new gear or equipment that will make going back to another level easier. Most people refer to the worlds in numerical order, but it is best played like you would play a Mega Man game.

Holding down the A button for hours?

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or holding the right direction on the second controller for MMIII?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like cursing every two minutes because you missed a jump and fell to your death again.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if you are holding the right direction on controller 2. Laughing
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a couple more weeks. Anyone else scared yet?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only a couple more weeks. Anyone else care yet?

Fixed.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
Quote:
Only a couple more weeks. Anyone else care yet?

Fixed.

Why do I get the feeling you never even played the original?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only pick because I love<3.

I played the first one quite a bit actually and was impressed/really enjoyed it. It just didn't line up well with my irl stuff at the time and I never picked it back up.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting it day one. Then setting it on my coffee table for a month or two till i have time to open it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: