The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Food Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: The Food Thread Reply with quote

I am a big fan of food, I don't know about you guys, but food is tastey! I eat whatever tasted good to me, I'm learning to cook, but I'm not so good at it. I cook basic stuff....chicken to be torn up and tosed into bowls of rice and vegies.

Post up your recipes here, for fools like me. I'm going to be posting up my buddies stuff, since he's a super awesome cook.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grilled Flat Bread with oil/vinegar

Black and White sesame crusted salmon fillet smothered with a ginger soy reduction served with rice and seasonal veggies

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I am very hungry.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no longer sleepy.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tummy started rumbling you bastard chase.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time someone needs something to cook that may be kinda impressive since it has wine, Italian, and pretty, I recommend Cavatappi Americana. If anyone has been to Carrabba's they may recall the name since it's a side dish there. Granted, I've made this enough times at home I can usually tell someone the recipe from off the top of my head, I may still give the wrong measurements.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Olive Oil (Can be substituted with Canola)
3/4 cup Pinot Grigio
1 cup Onions, diced (Recipe actually asks for 1.5)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Crush Red Pepper (Add more if you want more heat)
28 oz. can Petite Diced Tomatoes, do not drain
Mozzarella or Italian Cheese, shredded
1 box Celletani Noodles

Grab yourself a big enough pan to put pretty much everything in together and a pot for the box of noodles. You can get a serving dish too if you want to add more dishes to the pile...

Step One:
Add the oil to the pan over medium heat. Let it heat up. Doesn't take long.

Step Two:
Sauté the onions, garlic, and red pepper together in the oil. Keep it goin' until the onions become translucent.
(This is a VERY easy part to burn if you're not watching.... Took me a few tries once cause I kept walking away... >.> )

Step Three:
Once the onions become translucent, add in the wine. Let that go until the wine is mostly evaporated.

Step Four:
When the wine is mostly evaporated, add in your can of tomatoes. Turn the heat to low. Let that thicken up. Leave uncovered.

Step Five:
Get your noodles goin... Put water and salt into pot, boil, add noodles. Cook until al dente. That basically means there's still resistance in the center of the noodle.

Step Six:
When the noodles are done and the sauce has thickened, mix them together. You can do this in your serving dish, should you choose to use one, or do like I do since my pan is big enough, add the noodles to your sauce's pan. You can choose to leave this over the low low heat if you want.

(I leave it over the heat to let the sauce get into the noodles a little better.)

Step Seven:
Add the cheese to the mixture and give it a lil time to melt. Shouldn't take long if you chose to leave it over the heat.

Step Eight:
Get complements... maybe sex if you're a lot better at your game than I am.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imitation Chili's Salsa

Fuckin' awesome salsa recipe. I haven't made it since football season ended, though.

Ingredients:

12 oz can Ro'Tel. Don't drain.(Whatever heat you want)
12 oz can Peeled Whole Tomatoes. Don't drain.
1/4 tsp White Sugar
1/2 tsp Cumin
3/4 tsp Garlic Salt
Any spicy pepper you want. I've done jalapeño, habanero, and uhhh... a little one....

Food processor for the win.

Step One:
Dice the jalapeño or pulse them if you want.

Step Two:
Add the ro'tel and pulse that.

Step Three:
Add the tomatoes, spices, and pulse that too.

Step Four:
Cover and put in the fridge for a while to let the heat get goin'.

Step Five:
Grab yo' chips, turn on the game, enjoy watching your friends drink that shit up. I say drink because this isn't very chunky.

The hottest I made had the salsa had habanero and the lil pepper in it. I forgot that the heat actually comes after the salsa had been in the fridge for a bit. Soooooo.... I added a SHIT LOAD of red pepper flakes and paprika until it was hot enough. Afterwards, I remembered to put it in the fridge for a while. I took it out of the fridge a couple hours later and that shit was HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, that salsa felt like it would melt away your insides. Now with that said.... that shit got ate up in no time.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaghettiOs

Ingredients:
1 can of SpaghettiOs

Directions:
1 Open can of SpaghettiOs
2 Heat (if desired)
3 Serve

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was biding my time. I didn't want to be the first to do what Glistam did.

Thanks, G.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: