The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch 1.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Patch 1.2 Reply with quote

The big thing I was looking forward to in this patch was the Random Dungeon/LFG tool. I spent 3 hours the first night as my cleric queue'd up as DPS and Healing both (Cab/Inquis/Warden and Sent/Warden/Druid). My cleric was level 28 at the time. In three hours I got exactly zero groups. I queue'd up again the next night and got one freakin invite in 2 hours. And the tank had to leave in the middle for 20 minutes...

WTF is the deal? Does nobody use this freakin tool???
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's ridiculous.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had the same issue with the tool as well. I also noticed that with my tanking set on, I was showing as not being eligible for T1 experts. This was kind of annoying as I tanked a couple of them before the tool came out And THEN I got my "minimum required" 50 toughness.

Then I tried to get on with my lowly cleric and just did healing and no invites.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, is the tool only server wide, or across multiple servers? If it's only on your realm I can kind of see how that'd happen. I wonder how many people are playing Rift.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea for active accounts, but I know they had over 1 million pre-orders and that sales have been going strong.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to start a character on a high pop server just to see if I can get random dungeons more often than every 3 hours on my main server. Leveling is pretty easy, so this shouldn't be an issue. We'll see if this works out.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us updated on how that goes, this game is still in my likely to do list.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I picked on that I can only really play on weekdays. Over an hour wait to log in at prime time on the weekends.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried a high pop server instead of one that's "Full". There were an assload of trial accounts on that one. I asked if there was a long wait for queues on that one and 10+ chimed in to say that it was 1.5 hours plus for LFG queue... <sigh> That really makes looking for groups a pain in the ass.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's stupid.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems that (at least on Shatterbone) if you aren't looking for Tier 2 instances, you will be lucky to find a group at all using the LFG tool. I queued up as a tank for random T1 and got nothing after an hour... AS A TANK.

On a different note, I have to say this game if SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! Finally got a chance to play on my new computer and I cried when I started the game up. I was missing out on so much while playing on the "Low Graphics Render" mode.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what I think is amazing? The blur effects of an untorn rift and the blur bubble thingy that encompases the impregnating spider in whatever that instance is are b-e-a-utiful.

I'm still able to run on high graphics settings on my nearly 3 year old computer that I put together.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the game certainly does look amazing.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had slightly better luck with the LFG tool lately. Instead of a 3-hour wait, I'm down to about half that. Still sucks ass.

Also, anyone know where I can find some cookie cutter builds online? I tried to make a chloromancer, but I think I am completely clueless about what is important for grouping with that. And I am looking for a group friendly necro build. DoTs don't seem to be all that great in instances.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that tanks at either end of the spectrum of experience use the tool, but not average ones.

Grouped as healing on my cleric and had an EXCELLENT Reaver/Pally/whatever tank doing Foul Cascade three times in a row. 1 dps and 1 support dropped after the first run, 1 dps dropped after the second run. I could tell he was used to tanking as a cleric as he LoS'd every pull. Turns out he has a level 50 cleric tank, too. '

I had an excellent Riftstalker Tank in Runic Descent. Some pulls he would pull by dropping his memory location shift in, return to memory location and then go to town. On big single enemies, he's pull using Bard cadence to build combo points so he had defenses up by the time big and ugly got to him.

Last night I had two bad tanks, one was in RotF, which is excusable since that is the first instance you can hit. I was on my necro and had to switch my tertiary soul to Dominator for Transmogrify (Polymorph). Me and the other mage both had to keep the poly's up at all times as the tank blew goats. Also, we wiped 4 times on the first boss and the group broke up.

Had a bad tank on Foul Cascade. He was just a normal DPS that wanted to give tanking a go. Wasn't pretty. We beat one boss before the wipe-fest began. I was doing AE cleric for this. I switched to healing to help the main healer (who wasn't every good either), but it didn't matter as the "tank" was all hosed up on his souls and abilities. Long story short, the tank didn't listen and he was a keyboard turner (he used the arrow keys (not WASD) to turn around). He never listened.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riftjunkies.com has probably the best cookie cutter build for all classes.

And I don't think the lfg waits are anywhere near as bad during prime time on faeblight. an hour at most i think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzalik plays a mage and I'll see if I can't get him to post his build on here. He healed my barely-geared-for-T1 ass and didn't have a problem with it.

Though I did have a run in King's Breach my first time back tanking and I thought I was doing well, but our healer, not sure what soul combo he was using was, was whining that I wasn't so much a tank as a meat-shield. I guess he was used to healing for T2 tanks doing T1 instances. End story, we didn't wipe at all and unless it was an "Oh shit!" pull, my health never dropped below 3/4 max... so not sure why he was complaining. Of course part way through, Tzalik swapped roles to provide support and we had NO worries with the pulls.

Quote:

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not sure why he was complaining

Because this is the internet.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
Quote:
not sure why he was complaining

Because this is the internet.

No...

THIS IS SPARTA!!!
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest minipatch seems to have increased the use of the LFG tool.

1.2.1 Hotfix wrote:
Looking for group quests for Normal Dungeon Dailies will now award players with a Rare Equipment Cache which contains a random rare item for your character!

I logged on my 20 Warrior last night and queued up for DPS. I got a group within 3 minutes. Within 15 seconds of leaving that group, I got another. I hope even more people discover this. Easy blues at the cost of learning how to group and using the game's tools.

Oh, and the first one I joined I just did the last boss of Deeps. Both blue drops were DPS warrior plate. One other Warrior rolled Need with me and I got them both. Plus the first completion loot, plus the blue from the hotfix. The other warrior said he hated me, but he put a silly emoticon after it, so he wasn't truly pissed. More like jealous, I guess.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: