The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DotA 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: DotA 2 Reply with quote

http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/international/

Debut tournament taking place over the next 4 days (after today) with a 1M grand prize.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how they just announced this game, I take it the entrants are big names from some other similar game?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically the worlds best DotA players. As of right now it looks a lot like DotA ported to a new engine.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! I've actually been considering reinstalling warcraft just so I could play some good old DotA again.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can play the hell out of League of Legends, but not Heroes of Newerth (which is a closer clone of DotA) and I'm not really sure why.

Things I don't like about DotA 2 (which are things in HoN as well):

- Couriers... I like that if you want to buy in LoL, you need to leave the lane. Makes buying things a tactical decision in my opinion. Sure the couriers can be killed and the enemy can take your loot, but that's far too much of a risk for my gaming taste (guess I'm too carebear?)

- Denying. I don't get the concept. Sure you limit your opponents ability to last hit your creeps and thus limit their power over time, but then you are in the same boat because he's doing it to you. Stupid concept to me. Just last hit and harrass the other champ.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got five copies from Valve. I've given two away. Who wants one?
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: