The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you thought Power Leveling in FFXI was cheating...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: If you thought Power Leveling in FFXI was cheating... Reply with quote

You should see XIV... This apparently is working as intended, too.

Now, in FFXIV, you can party with any one, any level and you get full xp, as if that person was the same level as you. Now, a level 50 player (or two, or three) can take a party full of level 1s, 10s, 20s, etc and just slaughter low level monsters for them.

I am doing this right now. I am standing on a bridge in a party with a few low level LS members while two top leveled LS members are just slaughtering monsters. In XIV, monsters respawn almost immediately, so we can go afk (they even told us we should). Looking at the screen you just see constant chains - 282, 311, 422, 471, 519, etc.

This is incredibly cheap, but I can't bring myself to grind for hours and hours when this system is in place. XIV's new lead developer said he is fine with this type of power leveling. Apparently, this is working as intended...
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they did change this, which is a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: