The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0 Reply with quote

Pretty huge announcements from SE today. Near the end of next year, Final Fantasy XIV will be re-released as Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0.

The changes are not small. Some include

- A completely new graphics engine
- Current zones scraped and redone. This will follow at the conclusion of new missions involving Meteor hitting the current world (sound familiar?)
- Scraping seamless zones (only way they could see to get past the copy/pasted areas)
- A complete scratch of the current UI, which the new team blames for the source of the still present lag issues
- Traditional Final Fantasy jobs that will level up via quests instead of experience points
- "Auction house features" - not sure what that means exactly, but sounds like it should be pretty close to a traditional MMO auction house
- New playable races including male mithra and female galka
- New party searching features - including the ability to team up with players on different servers
- A heavy focus on PVP
- Gear sets for different classes/jobs attached to mannequins that do not take up inventory slots
- Chocobo gears, battle and shared chocobos
- New forms of transportation
- All dungeons in the game will be instanced raids
- Player housing and mail system

Over the next year there will be missions leading up to the "end of the world". Current players will get to transfer their characters over to the new game.

The PS3 beta starts at the same time that FFXIV 2.0 begins for PC players - late next year. The PS3 version of the game is scheduled to be released early 2013.

Also, the free trial period will end in the next month or two. I have found the game to have finally reached the enjoyable stage with all the changes, especially those in the latest two patches - 1.19 and 1.19a. A lot of people are complaining that they have to pay for what is basically a beta for FFXIV 2.0, but personally they are at a point where a monthly fee makes sense. That being said, the current game will likely be completely different a year from now.[/img]
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds neat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Scraping seamless zones (only way they could see to get past the copy/pasted areas)

This is the only thing that makes me scratch my head. Other games don't have this issue (WoW, Rift) so why is it that they're the only company that can't figure it out?
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

They've dubbed 2.0 "A Realm Reborn" and have a CGI trailer involving time travel and FFXII judges? Did this come out of nowhere or has the current version been building up to it?
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has been building up to it. There have been some pretty epic cutscenes for the storyline quests.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this also means it's about time for more BeB'rs to join the ranks. Very Happy
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only another week or two left to get your very own goobbue mount!
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't let me install without service pack 2. Wouldn't dl or install sp2. So i thought it's a good time to reformat the pc. Put in win7 disc, installed, and now my pc won't boot or hardly do anything. Dell doesn't have the software i need listed on their site and they're going to charge me for tech support because warranty is gone. Gonna be a while...
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're having troubles Eisen.

Patch 1.23a has been scheduled for Tuesday August 14 (which probably means Monday August 13 in North America, but not certain), and goobbue mounts will no longer be available. Since people have to have a class at 30 to get their goobbue, time's very limited.
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess its time to log back in and see if i can get 20 levels in a week Laughing
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demin if you hardcore it at all it'll be no problem. Let me know if you need a leveling buddy this weekend or something. =)
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
Demin if you hardcore it at all it'll be no problem. Let me know if you need a leveling buddy this weekend or something. =)

Can't really go hardcore anymore Sad Thanks for the offer though, gonna be hard to get on this weekend, but i'll look you guys up when I can get on.
Thoron
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! Long time no talk. I hope everyone is doing well. I have kept my ear to the floor about this version 2.0 stuff. I played FFXIV for a while and then stopped shortly before the producer switch occurred. Are you guys currently playing FFXIV? If so what server? I am going to be reactivating my account this weekend probably. Look forward to seeing you guys again!
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thoron! A few of us are playing on Excalibur. I've really been enjoying watching the game evolve as we head towards 2.0.

http://forums.blueelephantbrigade.com/viewtopic.php?t=7956
Thoron
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki! I miss my favorite Taru/Lala!! Ill be logging in either today or tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Cant wait to see you and/or some of the other usual suspects =). Have you heard from Yobs or Itera lately?

EDIT: I reactivated my account but it stuck me on Hyperion. Do I just need to reroll my character in order to get on Excalibur or do you know if there is a server transfer feature? Ive been looking over website over website and dont see anything.
Diasuke
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have to reroll, there isn't a server transfer for the current version.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the quality of this recording is pretty meh, but this demo video actually really impressed me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOq-2T5V5A&feature=player_embedded
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looking very nice.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd the last day go over for? I heard there were a ton of issues, hoping you guys got to see the content.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two hour "event" was pretty much just more of the same of the last week and a half, but more things to fight. It was horrible with the servers crashing and R0s and not being able to get back in, and ended with a posted video, not an in-game cutscene.

The video is pretty awesome, but I would have been perfectly happy sleeping through the nonsense of trying to get back into the game had I known.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/meteor/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: