The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gripes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Gripes Reply with quote

While I am enjoying the game immensely, there are some things that are wrong that just shouldn't be wrong given the games that have been out for 10 years and other less aged games that don't suffer these problems:

1.) Universal preferences - I should not have to take 5 minutes each time I make a new character to change my keybindings or making my UI show all the bars. Either save it or allow an export/import option.

2.) UI customization - None. I am SO used to moving my windows around. And with this game, if I get into a Voidstar warzone, the PvP minimap covers the top 2 buttons of my right hand bar which contain my buffs... so if I die, I can't rebuff. And sure I could either move those abilities to other spots on the bar or keybind them, but why can't I either hide the mini or move it?

3.) Warzones - Mixing all levels makes for faster queues, but severe imbalances, even with equalized damages, due to the abilities and talents available to the much higher level characters.

4.) Macros - Absolutely none yet. And this will change as well, but I hope they don't implement it in such a way that it pretty much trivializes the game. In Rift, I could make a macro that would allow for all my abilities to be used with just 2-3 buttons... not a great idea to me (but then Rift had a massive amounts of abiilties). And those of us with prior SWG experience remember the near autonomy of it's macro system.

5.) Special Currency Vendors - No help for the stupid (friend of mine got hit by it) to prevent an accidental invalid purchase. Either an "Are you sure?" or a limited time buyback at full price. (Friend accidentally bought a weapon he couldn't use when trying to view on character)

6.) Instance BoP items - Having no option to trade with others in your party within a limited time, sucks.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Gripes Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:

5.) Special Currency Vendors - No help for the stupid (friend of mine got hit by it) to prevent an accidental invalid purchase. Either an "Are you sure?" or a limited time buyback at full price. (Friend accidentally bought a weapon he couldn't use when trying to view on character)

This is the most annoying thing to me. I'm stupid. I need help.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Gripes Reply with quote

Buddy Lee wrote:
Mojobacca wrote:

You should be playing DCUO, then. Razz
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Gripes Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Buddy Lee wrote:
Mojobacca wrote:

You should be playing DCUO, then. Razz

I'm stupid not tarded...
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mouse acceleration is horrible... I wish there was a way to remove the acceleration and make it linear.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you skip cutscenes??? Once I've seen the same cutscene twice, I don't want to watch it again. If you hit Escape, it puts you back to BEFORE the cutscene. WHO THE FUCK WANTS THAT???

I did discover that spacebar will skip dialog if you want. I use this as my speakers (and thus my headphone jack) aren't working right now.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Skip Videos option?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's enabled... That's just for the startup one I think. When taking a shuttle to space, it does a 7 or 8 second cutscene. If you hit Esc, it takes you back to the ground. Frustrating.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I guess I didn't read your post correctly/entirely the first time. I think most of your complaints are valid, but given the success of the launch of the game they don't pack a lot of punch.

You can also hit space bar for the space shuttle CS.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacebar skips cutscenes and convos.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the convos. I didn't realize it worked for the others.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more of an anti-gripe. I love how everyone can heal themselves out of combat. This is going to make downtime crazy small in groups and the healer won't have to expend resources to top people off between fights. I guess that means that they are going to have to find something else to sink money if you don't have to buy food/water.

Edit: Oh, and everyone seems to be able to rez out of combat! AE looting FTW, too. Hard to get used to not having auto-attack.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the not having auto-attack is awkward, but for those who don't know, you can right-click on a target to do the basic attacks.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attacks, plural? Or the the attack that doesn't use a resource?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-clicking just uses whatever you have in your #1 slot.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new GCD quickbar crap is AWFUL. Please change it back. Sad
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:

What are you talking about? Color me stupid.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind it nearly as much now actually, it's grown on me.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
I don't mind it nearly as much now actually, it's grown on me.

I still don't know what the change was.

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:

Yeah, I'm lost too. What did they do?

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: