The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guild Wars 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct, though they have gone a bit more freemium, with their Black Lion Trading company. You can buy things with real money (purchasing crystals), though you can supposedly buy those same crystals with in-game gold. Just unsure what the rate is.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is fantastic and horrible at the same time... fantastic for more reasons than have been posted here in the past. I found out that there is a "Collectibles" inventory that is independent of your bank and personal inventory... and is sharable between all characters on your account! You can level your character while crafting too, so build up alot of resources and then have your newbie refine the base materials for a quick couple of levels. BOOM goes the dynomite!

Bad things... Alt-aholics Anonymous is about to get a call and you can only choose one server (which I could be totally wrong with, but that's the impression the game gives). Luckily the servers can be swapped now (for a couple of weeks maybe) for free. And the last bad thing is the BLT (Black Lion Trading Co.... aka Trading Post) has been down during the headstart. I guess to minimize the mass amounts of low level gear spamming the Trading Post.

Fun game nonetheless though.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is there no one else playing this game or just everyone too busy playing it to post anything?

Quote:

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still holding out on it, I really don't know how I feel about another MMORPG at this point. Eh...
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my first paycheck from the new job later today. I will likely be picking this up on the way home. What's your server again?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Dragonbrand right now, but if you know others who are playing on a server that you'd prefer, by all means let me know. It looks like they are leaving world transfers free for a short time to accommodate this time frame.

(Edited to reflect the change)
(* Edited because the change again. This time the group I'm with opted to move to join more of their friends)

Quote:

Last edited by Mojobacca on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that is funny I am on fort aspenwood as well!
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a friend gifted this to me, and I am extremely happy that she did, because I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm in a guild with friends on Sanctum of Rall, you can also F-List me, Alveia.9603
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends were on Borliss Pass, but they aren't super active so if we decide on a single server I have no problem swapping.

Made a thief. I'm still getting used to the graphic style and the UI. I very much dislike how stealth and thievery are implemented. Picking pockets apparently initiates combat and stealth only lasts for 3 sec. Are they like anti-thief or something? I like sneaking around and picking pockets.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you focus on stealth play later on, it's all about dancing in and out of stealth in combat, which is actually a lot of fun, and quite different. I like it.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't stealth like you're used to in other MMO's. Only a few skills will implement it and even then, it's usually only for a short period of time.

Pickpocket isn't like you think either. When used you will "steal" an ability based on the target type that you can use later on as a one-shot.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that. I figured you were stealing a one-shot item to attack the mob with. Not exactly what I was looking for with a pick pocket ability. I always end up wanting to play a rogue/thief archetype like I was playing in a D&D game or one of the Thief games.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIEF. Oh how I loved that series. Until 3. Ruined a perfectly good setting. Hopefully 4 will redeem it.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned Gold for Gems ratio is going up at just the right pace that I can't get my friggin increased bankslot!

On another note, I've done the Ascalon Catacombs (story mode) and after two attempts (one horrible group as no one would revive anyone) finally finished it and it was a blast! I then, after hitting 40, tried to get into the Caedecus's Manor we failed horribly. HORRIBLY. I'm starting to realize that the team dynamic is so vastly different than other games that I'm doubting that I'm doing my job right as a Guardian.

For instance, I'm specced for Toughness and Vitality (for survivability) and I have a Mace/Shield and Staff for what I normally use (though I've been toying with a Scepter/Focus if I could just find some). I would swap in and out of "tanking" and "supporting", but I never feel like I'm useful. Especially in the large group fights. Solo boss fights, not so bad... group fights it's usually over before I know what's really happening.

In Caedecus's Manor, there are quite a couple mass pulls (6+ mobs) and if I go in first as a tank, I can get them all on me. But then they just kick me around (literally) so much that I'm not able to hold their attention for very long. And it's frustrating when I am defeated (not downed) 4-5 times during these pulls just to finish that part.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMNIT!

I've soloed every one of my story missions up to the last one. Why do they make the VERY LAST ONE in a freakin dungeon??? GAH! I'm so freakin frustrated right now!
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: