The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aurora, CO Theater Shooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Aurora, CO Theater Shooting Reply with quote

Figured this should get it's own thread given the discussion in The Dark Knight Rises thread.

To kick things off, Steve Smith is donating $100,000 to the victims. It's nice to see some charity in the middle of this tragedy.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddies best friend owns a very popular very high end auto detailing shop in town, appropriately named "Gotham Auto Works". He also happens to be a huge nerd, so he had a bunch of tshirts printed up, and is selling them at 20 bucks a pop. All the profit's are going to the victims (13 bucks per shirt aint too shabby). He was interviewed on the news and an article written about it in the paper today, pretty cool.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's a good dude. They put his picture in his paper, a picture they took in his office at his shop. He's got stretched ear lobes like me, and his plugs have the batman symbol on them. Plus, you can see his oldschool red telephone with the batman logo on it. Laughing He's that much of a batman nerd.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gothamauto.com/?p=1603

In case anyone is interested.....very cool shirts.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Corvo
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks going out to ReSheph for posting this up here. If you would like a shirt, please go here for info. http://gothamauto.com/?p=1603

I also have been putting up pictures of people wearing the shirts in a show of support as well on my business' Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150937884166199.398208.19856941198&type=3

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.
Corvo
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss and Motley Crue have also donated $100,000.
http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/August/ts13KISS_and_Motley_Crue_Donate_$100K_To_Batman_Massacre_Victims_.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: