The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tabletop w/ Wil Wheaton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Tabletop w/ Wil Wheaton Reply with quote

Some friends and I just played Fiasco, which we first saw on this episode of Tabletop. I really wish we had setup a camera to record the ongoing machinations and plotting that went down.

Have you guys tried any of the other games mentioned in the series so far?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played Fiaso, Gloom or Ticket to Ride (though Ticket is one I wouldn't mind picking up as I've heard nothing but good things about it).

I have played Small World, Munchkin (HILARIOUSLY AWESOME), Tsuro and Settlers of Catan. All are good games with Settlers being my favorite of those three. I've been on a board game kick this year and it's a blast!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a game store with tons of board games at
http://www.northbrookcourt.com/
In Chicago if you are ever there Mojo.

But I cannot tell if it is now closed which is weird because I was there the 9th of July.

I think it is called Go the Game Store.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got 2 game stores where I'm at. One is more of a comic/collectible shop with games (and poor customer relations) and the other is strictly gaming leaning more towards board games... PLUS THEY HAVE DEMOS!!

I love Firefly Games. Anyway, as much as I like them, I have yet to buy anything from them because they sell at MSRP and very rarely deviate from that. So I tend to buy my games from Amazon if I can get it for about 25% less (which seems to be the case most of the time).

I've started building my board game collection and it's slow going since my kids, while they like playing the games, are more interested in their video games and the wife only plays once in a blue moon. Luckily, I have Tzalik and some other coworkers were like to play board games too.

My collection consists of Small World (which Tzalik is holding for me, since he bought it when another game store went out of business and is holding my gas money hostage to pay it off), Pirate's Cove and finally Merchants and Marauders. Been wanting to get my hands on Eclipse (space 4x game) but at a cost of $100, I'm a bit put off on getting it right now.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty lucky here in Charlotte. I found a cyber cafe pretty early after moving here that also sells some board games. They're the main reason I ended getting back into Magic. Additionally there's a larger used book store that sells games and a couple actual game stores within a reasonable drive. The friends I made from the cyber cafe have turned into a pretty decent group to game with since we all enjoy the whole gauntlet of gaming (video, cards, boardgames, D&D, etc...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: