The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boardgames (General)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Boardgames (General) Reply with quote

I'm curious of anyone here has tried out the games "Shadows Over Camelot" or "Pandemic". Both look like great co-op games and I'm looking to add one or both of those to my collection (which is missing a co-op game).

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandemic is alot of fun, as long as you are playing with a group that doesn't mind losing. You are likely to lose more games of Pandemic than you win, but we still love the challenge.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the other thread I said there was a cool board games store in the Chicago suburbs. It is actually in Wes Des Moines.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother-in-law asked what I wanted for Christmas this year and demanded that I don't say my typical "Nothing". So now I'm highly anticipating my gift of the following:

Seasons
Libertalia
Smash Up
Isla Dorada

So looking forward to some quality gametime.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also you should check out Wil Wheaton's Youtube show called Tabletop.
Here's the episode they do on Pandemic. My friends and I have acquired several new games based off of episodes of his show.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched all his shows that are out now. I wish I had awesome friends like that around here. I just have to settle for Tzalik. 8(

Quote:

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Smash Up is a pretty fantastic "light" game! Especially with all 4 players. I can't wait for the expansion coming out around March/April because it offers up 4 more factions (one of which is Steampunk!) and that could theoretically make for 2 more players.

Seasons is a great game as well. A bit heavier than Smash Up in the strategy, but I would love for more player interaction. Sometimes it just feels like playing multiplayer solitaire. Perhaps when it's expansion comes out (also March/April) it will add more of that.

Hoping to give Libertalia and Ilsa Dorada a go soon. I'm really dying to play Libertalia, but my gaming buds have been pleading to play the previous two.

Quote:

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to pick up Pandemic the other day with my amazon gift card..... but it isn't for sale on amazon just the on the brink expansion. Sad I decided to get ticket to ride instead so hopefully that will show up soon.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fun game too!

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ticket to Ride looked fun but I haven't picked up a copy yet myself.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get my wife to give it a shot. Gaming isn't really her thing and she has this thing against fantasy stuff and I think sci-fi isn't her cup of bananas either... anyway I figured that trains can't possibly be something one could turn down!

Apparently I am wrong.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should teach her how to play Kittens In A Blender.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the boardgames store in des moines again. it is called games and more. there was a rally racing game called rallyman. they had a ton of random broad gamea.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeflonJon wrote:
You should teach her how to play Kittens In A Blender.

I think I've seen that one being played at my local store. Twisted... TWISTED... game.

Oddly enough, my wife digs Munchkin. Though, for the life of me, I can't figure out why she can't remember how to play the game every time we bring it out...

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmk_2ilof5c
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my kids to play some games with me! My oldest played Libertalia with the rest of the group (making the 6th player) and then last night both my kids opted to play Heap (post-apocalyptic setting with goblin scavengers battling over a scrap heap to make better vehicles).

Quote:

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I discovered a new game coming out later on, which is currently in Kickstarter, that I'm very much chomping at the bit for. So much so, I'm very close to backing it.

The game is called Hegemonic. It's a 4x style game done in a very Euro fashion. I have played, and enjoyed, Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy, but the die rolling for combat literally screws me over. (I mean how often do I need to roll 4+ with 8 dice and only get 1 success... far too many times!).

Aside from being diceless, this game also allows for politcs (both NPC and PC) and economic takeovers as well as military strength when it comes to resolving conflicts between players.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you guys played Sentinels of the Multiverse? It's a coop game were each player picks a superhero and uses a deck of cards to team up and defeat a villain. Each hero has a separate deck with their own unique cards and there are several different villain decks to play against as well as a variety of environments that each can affect the battle in different ways.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not, but hopefully my FLGS has it as a demo... I'll try to check it out this weekend if so. I hear it's very entertaining.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen one copy in a store. My friend picked it up because he supported it on Kickstarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: