The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wii U
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Wii U Reply with quote

A friend got me an invite to some exclusive "Wii U" event next week. I'm not sure that I'm really looking forward to the console itself, but it'll be neat to see what they've got going I guess.

Hopefully it'll be playable at Pax as well.

I actually have no idea what games they are planning to release with the thing. Hopefully there's something fun to play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article earlier today and found it again:

The Nintendo Gaming Lounge will be located on on levels 2 and 3 of the North Galleria. Below is the list of games and systems that will be available to play.

Wii U

ZombiU (Ubisoft)
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros. U
Project P-100 (working title)
Ninja Gaiden™ 3: Razor’s Edge
Nintendo Land™
Scribblenauts™ Unlimited (Warner Bros. Interactive)
Trine 2™: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte)

Nintendo 3DS

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask™
Luigi’s Mansion™: Dark Moon
Adventure Time™: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! (D3Publisher)
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Disney Interactive)
Skylanders Giants™ (Activision Publishing)
New Super Mario Bros.™ 2
Mario Kart™ 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS

Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Pokédex™ 3D Pro
Pushmo™
3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure™

Nintendo DS

Pokémon™ Conquest

Wii

Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's for Pax?

Looks like... Pikmin, Layton and Luigi for me. Maybe some Paper Mario as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot's of info on Kotaku this morning. Holy expensive controllers!
"People really don’t like to hear success explained away as luck — especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They don’t want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally wasn't expecting this:

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/videos/#/nintendo-tvii

I can't imagine it'll work as well as that video makes it look. If it does, they'll sell some just because of that.

I played a few games on it at Pax and a Wii U special event in Seattle. It's pretty classic Nintendo. Pikmin, New Super Mario, etc are about what you'd expect.

I will say that Mario looked really nice in HD.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a setup at Best Buy now. The only playable demo is Rayman. The graphics do look better than the old Wii. The console looks almost the same size but longer. I was surprised how big the 'tablet' controller is. For little kids < 8 it would seem hard to hold. In the Rayman game you swipe stuff on the tablet controller so you end up not looking at the big screen but playing off the controller for some of the game.

I am still interested to see how the TV part actually works.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get it when they release Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, or Mario Kart.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a few different games at both PAX and a special Wii U event in Seattle. I'm excited enough about it to have preordered one.

Super Mario Wii U has the same deal where you see the same thing on the tablet and play with touch controls. It seems like a great idea for mixing seasoned gamers with less seasoned gamers. We'll see how it plays out in the long run.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today. I'm relatively impressed with it so far, but the most interesting aspect to me is the social part.

It's sort of like facebook, but specific to video games, but more integrated as a whole. The home screen shows what the current most popular apps are, and little bubbles pop up with what people are saying or drawing about them.

That's the part that is weird. The drawings. Everyone on the planet is a better artist than I am. It's kind of amazing.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying mine. Feel free to add me: LotanB
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is MrBullhammer.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nintendoland seems to have bit the dust Sad

It locks up rather frequently these days. If anyone else has similar issues, disabling the wifi seems to fix them. Hope the patch comes soon.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target here had 3 in stock so I guess the U is not hard to find and not sold out everywhere.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White one(Basic Set) or black one(Deluxe Set)? The white one is super easy to find. The black one seems to be restocking pretty regularly as well.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ID: Vawn43
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Super Mario become challenging again? This game is a ton better than the other New Mario games because you actually feel tested.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely better than the others in the "New" series. I feel like on the Wii one they focused a lot on the multiplayer aspect. Multiplayer is cool, but it's really hectic and a pain in the ass.

I like the over world map and the overall feel of the game. The bump in difficulty makes it more enjoyable as well.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cool: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is rather sad. Will Nintendo be bought out by another company or an investment group?

I wonder if kickstarter would allow a page to buy Nintendo? ha!

" Nintendo sold 160K Wii U units worldwide last quarter
The company was only able to sell a little over 1 million software units during the same period. "
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57596283-235/nintendo-sold-160k-wii-u-units-worldwide-last-quarter/
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exzavier wrote:
This is rather sad. Will Nintendo be bought out by another company or an investment group?

You left out the important part. They still turned a profit:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/31/4574174/nintendo-posts-quarterly-profit-despite-terrible-wii-u-sales

I don't want to go super fanboy, but every time Nintendo releases a console it's deemed a flop and people start speculating if they'll get out of the hardware business. They've got tons of money in the bank, and they're still making money.

It may happen eventually, but I don't think it's happening any time soon.

That being said, they seem to have fucked up the Wii U as much as they possibly could.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotan wrote:
That being said, they seem to have fucked up the Wii U as much as they possibly could.

Imagine how great the next gen will look in comparison! I still like the Wii U. I just need a way to play my Nintendo games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: