The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wii U
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have one yet, but I'm still going to get one eventually.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant they've fucked up the marketing. The launch wasn't great. The number of games is rough. The menu system is slow as hell.

I love, but they could have done such a better job with it Eh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the system software needs a redesign and some serious optimization.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering why I bought mine. There still is only one game that I had any interest in (Mario U). I find playing games in that tablet controller incredibly awkward. Third party support will be probably nil again. And even if it's not, I will pick up those games for PS3/PS4.

I am just getting tired of needing a third console just to play Nintendo's in-house games. But when the new Xenoblade game comes out all will be forgiven.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rayman Legends demo game is f-ing amazing. I'm excited for Pikmin 3.

I'll agree though, mine hasn't seen a lot of use.

I bought the new Luigi levels for Super Mario Wii U, but it didn't really grab my interest much. Mario Kart and Mario Land should be exciting though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. I pretty much buy Nintendo consoles for Mario Kart, Super Mario, and Legend of Zelda.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WII U has come to the Ryrra and Yobun house hold to allow Pickman 3 game play. Our daughter was very excited to play yesterday.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, that is the only reason that I wanted one... You will have to fess up on weather it is worth the system just for that game.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this on a whim hoping the gf would want to do some co-op:

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/sct6ok/disney-infinity-review

It's definitely overpriced, but thus far pretty enjoyable. It'd be great if I had a kid I'd think, although they'd probably want more toys. Eh...
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price dropping by $50
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's about to get a workout. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD was released today. I'm downloading it now. I'll give you an update about it's HD cell shaded goodness.

Update: It's everything I hoped it would be. It's visually stunning. The gameplay feels exactly like the original. It gives you the option to use the Pro Controller or the Gamepad. Anyone who loves the Xbox 360 controller will love the Wii U Pro Controller. They completely ripped off the design. The screen on the Gamepad shows the inventory, as you'd expect. I'm hoping it will act as the Tingle Tuner later, which would be nice because I never had a GBA to use with the original game. If you have a Wii U, are dying for some Legend of Zelda, and don't mind replaying a classic this is definitely a game to get.

Here is a good review.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it as well, and it's pretty awesome. I've been trading back and forth between it and Monster Hunter 3, which I don't completely understand, but can't seem to put down.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been collecting those damn Tingle Bottles. I go out of my way if i see them floating anywhere on the horizon.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite that far in to it. The selfies from this thread are cracking me up:

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/1mrxyl/i_dont_know_why_but_the_wind_waker_hd_selfies/
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current speed run world record holder for the original Wind Waker took a selfie with these little forest temple bastards.

Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about done with Wind Waker. I'll probably finish it tonight. On another note, Pikmin 3 is beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: