The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEB Podcast?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> BEB Site/Board Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khimaira wrote:
Go for it. I'll help out... I'm a freak.

Fixed.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sleep 'til you're hungry. Eat 'til you're tired"
That's not a bizarre motto, is it Mongo?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was when I was in the Navy. That certainly isn't my motto now, since there's more to do when not on the pig.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to read and get some software over the weekend to figure this out.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in knowing how this works.

I don't like Skype due to Security issues and it's still being targeted by Viruses.

But if you have another method to bring together some sort of "Talk Show" like program, I'd be okay with that. I'm not sure what we'd really have to talk about except the standard debates that are normally on here.

Interesting enough though.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Glistam can set us up with the bandwidth for a Shoutcast server, we can all be DJ's.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skype is the easiest.
Can you conference with google talk?

"I'm not sure what we'd really have to talk about except the standard debates that are normally on here. "

That is exactly what it would be about.
I am going to make time to look into this.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skype might be the easiest, but it ,by far, is not the best option.

I'll take a look today at some options for this.

Also, anyone know anything about hosting this stuff?
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. If we are doing a Podcast, then we'll need a few things.

The first is Audio Recording software. I know there's a ton of this stuff out there so I'm sure that'll be easy to obtain.

The second is RSS 2.0 Feed Software. I don't know a lot about this but it should be pretty easy to do. I mean, have you heard some of the PodCasts out there? These guys are morons, I'm sure we can figure it out.

I found a few sites for RSS 2.0 Software.
http://www.feedforall.com/

Okay, I found 1. I'm reading about syndication now. It looks a lot more complicated than I thought. That and I'm running on about 4 hours of actual sleep so that might make it a little more complicated that it should be.

Anyway, more later after my coffee and a few hours of research.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. All in all, this seems pretty simple.

First we need to get a Voice Chat setup. We talk and Someone records the conference. Whatever music you want to play or talk about needs to be recorded into MP3 format. That's what everthing I read has said, it's the most widely used format for Audio crap.

We'll also need to know how long we want the podcast to run. For content and editing and such.

Then We need to make an RSS Feed. Here's some links for that and what it's about.

Podbunker
FeedforAll
Podcasting News - This site seems to be a bit slow today, and now it's not letting me back in.
Wikipedia

Then once that's done, you Validate the podcast. I guess to just test it out. I'm at work so I can't test this stuff out.

Feed Validator

I've seen a few things about Aggregators and such, but I don't think I'm really going to understand all of this until I actually do it. I'm going to try to do a test run later tonight.

I think the biggest thing we have to do is find a place to host the MP3's and get an actual listener base.

Oh, and I think we should have the Ash/CFS fight night segment. That's usually interesting.
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't air the Ash/CFS makeup segment. That's just creepy.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about some things to talk about.

I think we should bring back the topic of the week. Are we planning on doing a weekly podcast or whatever?

The Ash/CFS thing, makes me think of the Steven vs. Steven segment that the Daily show used to have. I think it'd be fun to have them talk normally, then degrade into name calling or whatever. Or maybe even start at the name calling then degrade into civilized conversation. Sorry to poke fun at you guys, no offense intended. I just like that you guys are polar opposites at times. Make for interesting reading.

We could also do Exzaviers Movie reviews.

Playing music or whatever might not be a good Idea. I'm sure we can do some kind of reviews or whatever, but that whole hit on the webcasting community might land us in debt.

The good thing about all of this, is that we'd only have to censor ourselves. And that only to whatever degree we want.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that big podcast such as this week in tech ( www.twit.tv ) use skype to do the podcast.
It maybe the best option. What do you have against Skype? I haven't heard of viri attacking Skype.

I can host the MP3 on my server space. I think I have like 250gig bandwidth per month and I use maybe 50 megs/month Laughing

Movie Reviews, Game Reviews, Comments on FFXI/WoW patches and updates, Stories about the Navy, whatever. It can all be in the podcast. And it can all get edited down. If there are pauses or silence those can be deleted out. I think if we try to get a podcast of 15 minutes for the first one that would be cool.

Audacity is free and open source. It is a sound editor / recording program.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audacity is good stuff. i dl'd it back in the day, when i first found pod casts. i'm not sure how it would work for confrence call type things though. i'd imagine that you could set it up to work with an input from the computer though, so you could use teamspeak as a voice server, and have someone record the conversation. i'd advise against doing a speaker recording from a voice server though. i'd get a digital input from some sort of software, so you don't loose fidelity changing it to digital, transmiting it, changing it to audio, and then recording the audio. just a thought though.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that much about it. I'll let you audio guys out there tell me how this works. I've done some recording with Audacity and they turned out okay, but really quiet. Might have been a Mic problem, but I haven't tried that for a while.

I think it's worth a shot, and we can argue about content later Razz
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I haven't experimented with this lately. I've been dealing with some RL issues.

Need to learn how to manage time better I guess.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't either I was busy all weekend.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vacation from hell is over tonight at midnight, so i won't be around to toss in comments for a while. do look into a cheap amplified mic though. i used one that cost about 10 bucks, and it didn't seem quiet to me.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna check out some stuff this weekend. I should be done with most of my RL issues by then and hopefully will have a little cash to spare.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I am going to FORCE myself off my lazy ass and make time for this.
Who is interested in doing a podcast over Skype?
And what time is best?

If we schedule a time for the recording 3-7 days in advance i'll be able to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> BEB Site/Board Related All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: