The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ender's Game the movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Ender's Game the movie Reply with quote

I just checked out the cast on IMDb. Harrison Ford is playing Colonel Graff. Colonel Graff's aide is played by...Han Soto? So close...
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha!
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailer is out and Asa Butterfield did an AMA today.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some of the AMA, sounds like it's going to be real good. Also liking the looks of the trailer.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for Ender's Game, the Movie, the Game.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the novelization of the movie based on the book. That's some real ouroboros shit right there.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Monty Pythonesque Blu-ray special scenes dubbed in Japanese with English subtitles taken from the book.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the radio show?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceballs the FLAMETHROWER!
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone had a chance to see this yet? I was thinking of watching it tomorrow.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night. It's entertaining. The overall story is mostly intact. As expected, though, much was changed, glossed over or left out entirely. Still...it was a worthwhile experience, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: