The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neverwinter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Neverwinter Reply with quote

Free to download, free to play action MMO set in the Forgotten Realms. Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. I saw the post and thought maybe it got released at some point and I overlooked it. Also, I love TotalBiscuit.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love TotalBiscuit.

Guy's a total douchebag, can't stand him personally.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit what he's like personally? I just watch him for the games.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#BUTTHURT #YOLO #SWAG
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:

He tells his fans to fuck off, and that he doesn't give a shit about them, and he makes so much money that their opinion doesn't matter. And when people responded to that attitude by saying they weren't going to support / watch him anymore, he said "Like I give a shit if you unsubscribe from me, you think you matter, you've already been replaced by 10 more people, there will always be more nerds flocking to my channel to give me money."

There's just better places for me to get game information than this guy, but that's just me.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
#YOLO

You Obviously Like Owls?
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I see so far.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
Mongolio wrote:

He tells his fans to fuck off, and that he doesn't give a shit about them, and he makes so much money that their opinion doesn't matter. And when people responded to that attitude by saying they weren't going to support / watch him anymore, he said "Like I give a shit if you unsubscribe from me, you think you matter, you've already been replaced by 10 more people, there will always be more nerds flocking to my channel to give me money."

There's just better places for me to get game information than this guy, but that's just me.

If we are going to be honest, I like this about him. Honesty from my subscriptions is what I want. It's like he's a shock jock. (Nearly) Everyone knows how a shock jock acts, but they watch anyways. You have the right to be offended. Daily. You don't like it, don't watch it. Don't try to change him, because it's obvious his business model works.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got into Beta 3 weekend. I'm kind of digging the game. It's based on 4E, but has lots of variations. I love that it allows players to make quests and story lines as well (keeping with NWN and the later incarnation of CoH), but I don't like that the quests (any of them) scale with party size. I guess it just makes them easier to finish and move on to the next.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to get into the beta. I saw them posting keys on FB, but by the time I saw them they had all been used.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this just went into open beta? I might check it out.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did... and when I got home last night I went to bed after waiting an hour and a half to move from #7854 to #3122 in the que...

Logged in this morning before work, hoping to do something, #5406.

All 3 servers they had (Dragon, Beholder, Mind-flayer) were at >7.5K queues.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the servers have been at 0 queue whenever I've checked today. I've got a 13 wizard and a 4 cleric on Beholder. It seems pretty decent. I like that you can run through player made dungeons. It brings back some of that NWN feel. It is very much based in 4th edition D&D, the wizard I made even had a few quests (not sure if they are class specific) that talks about the advent of the Spellplague and how that changed the use of magic and the Weave. Overall I'm enjoying it so far. Let me know if you all want to try grouping together for some of the quests. I think you have to be a certain minimum level before you can send messages. From what I heard that was an effort to reduce the gold farmer spam. Can't just make a new character and spam tell every one in the area.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crafting is somewhat akin to SWtOR where you hire people to make stuff for you while you continue questing. I recommend getting a single skill to level three because that unlocks the ability to research two things at once, but you can spread the love around and learn them all.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone besides Teflon playing? I've got one character on Dragon (at the moment) and trying to find out if I should bother continuing with him or jump to another server.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one of the electricians from the TR is planning on jumping on as soon as his new laptop comes in.

To be honest, I love it so far but I hate it. So much of what D&D should be is the customization of your character. I'm enjoying the actual game and progression. I love the Foundry and the ability to convert all my old campaigns over to dungeons that other people can enjoy. But every time I pick up a piece of armor or a weapon that my cleric can't use it's frustrating. My NWN cleric was decked out in full plate and used a greatsword. This guy is stuck with chainmail and a holy symbol and there is currently no method to get around that. Maybe it's just a mental block. If this was any other MMO I don't think the limitations would bother me as much, but the fact that the D&D label is attached to it implies a freedom to me that does not exist.

Despite this annoyance I'm still really enjoying myself. I think any of the DM's here on the board should give the Foundry a look.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing now, too. Got two to 15 (Rogue and Cleric). Just bought the $60 Founders Pack. Both are on Mindflayer, but I can reroll easily.

Side note: I love the Elemental Weevil quest. Rhymes with Elemental Evil, as in the old Scenario "The Temple of Elemental Evil".

Edit: Are we still in Beta (character wipe before going live) or are we live? Or will we not get wiped before live?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also on Mindflayer. 25CW & 10TR.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got myself, my son and some co-workers on Dragon. Shame most of them are playing rogues (like I started) though I'm really digging the cleric. Level 17 and I have yet to use a healing potion... even when I accidentally pulled 5 groups of the orcs in the Tower District at 14.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: