The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stories of misery and pain from the navy
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Stories of misery and pain from the navy Reply with quote

If you aren't and ET Nuke then you most likely won't understand the following paragraph.  Feel free to just skip the next paragraph and just go to the second to last sentence.

Ahhh... how I love ERDPS.  So after spending all saturday night attempting to fix this fine piece of equipment (note sarcasim) my ETC makes the decision that RC has done all it can for now and a pre-crit needs to be done so we can start up.  After my co-worker (madhatte's former roommate) and I spend 2 and 1/2 hours (pre-crits are much shorter with type 2) doing the req. steps my ETC comes on down and informs us that we will not be starting up, we will be going back into the equip., effectively invalidating the pre-crit we just did, we will also have to do ecp's because we will be going out past 8 hrs. and we will also get to go back into the equipment again at a later date because we don't have all the parts we need right now.  

I hate hate hate this fucking place!!!
390 left, not exactly sure how I'm going to survive

*Edited because I forgot an "n"
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel you, dude. Been there.

At least you aren't doing RADCON. I promise, it can always get worse.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

You need to get a new ship. The boat I was on Precrits took 45 minutes and ECP's were calculated with a push of a button. No joke,
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Navy.

*gets written up*

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was freakin' awesome! Do you still have it?
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.  I feeeeeeeeeeel you.  I remember one DUTY DAY me and Scotty doing ERDPS alignment checks for all eight boxes in the OTHER PLANT then me and Chow doing the precrits for BOTH PLANTS...so the division could have half a day off.  Top it all off I had the 7-12 on pull-out so I was up for like 40 hours...and it was a MONDAY so the fuckers expected me to do maintenance after a 2-hour nap.  

Did I mention that for the last two years I was on the boat I did the ECP's for EVERY start up...because I was "good" at it?  I remember once they gave me 8 different temperatures to calculate for--the fuckers were so lazy they weren't even going to TRY guessing what temperature they were gonna start up at so they gave themselves about a 150-degree range...for me to calculate.  FUCKERS!

And I did it both ways, uphill, in the snow, and I liked it.

Then I ate rat poison.

GO NAVY is right.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Leedon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred is Low getting your Nam.  That is all the H & D that I still hold and that's because I'd like to think that I took pride in my jobs well done... you know... when Ritter and I fixed 2 MMR.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

There was a time on the boat where we did Vulcan death watches two days in a row (for those of you who dont know the day goes something like this---> One 6 hr watch starting at midnignt, Three 4 hr watches for drills which means everyone is one watch, responding to drills, or drill monitors), followed by a six hour watch. Because they wanted something special my section had the first 6 hr watch. This means we get the last 4 hr watch. Usually no problem because everybody racks out after the drills. Not so this day because the TG breaker, ironically enough, broke. So after our drill watch we got to trouble shoot the damn breaker. Now it gets fun. They decide they want to recreate the whole day so we again get the first six hour watch.....In the end after drills and troubleshooting me and my electrical operator were up for 96 hours with 3 hours of sleep (30 minutes here and there). We got the Yellow sticky of appreciation for that. Now all that troubleshooting and my electrical operator had told them what the problem was 2 hours into the search for a broken part. The EMC just thought that that was 'too easy' an answer and 'we need to find something wrong that we can fix' because there was no replacement part on board..... Why again am I considering staying in???!!!??
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that you aren't well.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I did my first ORSE as Log Recorder.  My second as Casualty Assistance Team.  My third as Reactor Operator.  I sat out PORSE.  And guess what I just heard:  I get to take someone's spot as ORSE RO!  (hmm, that can spell rooser) That's the problem.  The solution, you ask (and you better) -- Beastie Boys: SABOTAGE
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, if at first you don't succeed, fuck it up 'til they make you quit.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

For those of you in the surface fleet, when we go to battlestations and tracking teams the Aux electrician aft and the Engine Room Sup go up to track on Geoplot and time-freq. When I was qualifying AEA the first time I had to learn Time-Freq, which sucks ass. The guy signing off my card could not help me though so I asked "How have you been qualifed so long and not know this?" He laughed and told me these words (which I live by). "They dont make you do important things that you suck at. How many open heart transplants do they call in the candy stripers to do."
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's why I never finished an ORSE as RO.

Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, because I'm a Candy-Striper, not because I suck as an RO.

Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you must admidt, you do suck as RO...

((i know, no room to talk, but i just couldn't help it.  you set yourself up so well.))
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was kind of the idea.

Also, I look SMASHING in candy stripes.

SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I just found out that if you jab out your mental eye ball with a stick, it grows back fairly quickly.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I sat ORSE RO (I did 1 as LR, 3 (yes three) as THW  (one was PORSE) and 1 as RO).  That time as RO we didn't get any drills done.  We kept having real casualties.  It was pretty damned funny watching the incredulous looks from the ORSE team.   Twisted Evil
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Orse #1 "Were you even aware you could have that happen?"

Orse #2 "No. No I wasn't!"

Orse #1 "Well how are we going to grade it? I am not even sure what the right answers are here...."

Orse #2 "Same as always. Wait to here the grade they give themselves and go two levels lower."

Orse #1 "What will the contributing factor be?"

Orse #2 " Just repeat something they hit themselves on with a 'do to improper supervision' tacked on the end."
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<insert random miltary acronyms here>

and that's all I have to say!

so take that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 1 of 71

Jump to: